Home‎ > ‎Announcements‎ > ‎

Fire Risk

posted Jul 13, 2018, 6:15 AM by John Boyd

This week a dock section stored under a cottage deck caught fire, apparently from a cigarette discarded into a bed of pine needles.  The owner was away, but fortunately the smoke was detected by an alert neighbor and the fire was quickly extinguished before any damage to the house occurred.  In this case, the response by all parties was excellent and the outcome was good.  I mention this as a reminder to be careful about any ignition sources including cigarette butts and sparks from fires or engines, particularly in view of the dry weather and heavily wooded nature of our island.

Comments